We are not currently hiring, but always take applications!
This position entails helping customers, set-up and clean-up, working as a team, and taking initiative. Here's a sample of the duties our employees perform:
· Greeting customers and teaching them about our products. Employees are here to inspire, guide, teach, and clean up after our customers.
· Opening and closing the studio
· Working the cash register, running credit cards, and answering phones
· Assisting with painters, birthday parties, and classes
· Mopping, dusting, taking out the trash, and cleaning tables, chairs, counters, windows, bathrooms and more.
Maintaining a clean and inviting studio for our customers is a major priority.
· Working together in teams and independently
· Candidates must be at least 16 years of age
· Capable of lifting a minimum of 40 pounds
· Capable of being on your feet and active for a 5-8 hour shift
· Have a flexible schedule (ability to work evenings and weekends)
· Have reliable transportation to and from work
· Basic computer skills
· Good spelling and written communication skills
· Great verbal communication skills. Must be comfortable talking to strangers and large groups of adults and children
· Excellent time management and multitasking abilities
· Work well in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to complete tasks with little supervision
· This is a family friendly environment. Our employees present a drug- and alcohol-free appearance, attitude and reputation at all times.
Ideal candidates are bubbly, friendly, patient, thorough, punctual, and love working with kids.
·The Pottery Place is an equal opportunity employer.